Tips Before Visiting Petra :
- When you visit you must wear comfortable clothes and shoes to be ready for a full day of activity, use hats and moisturizing creams and drink plenty of water.
- when you plan to visit Petra, you can stay in the Wadi Mousa area for visitors. There is a wide range of hotels suitable for all types and budgets, ranging from visitor center to hillside. The Crowne Plaza hotel is the closest to the city entrance, in additional of the Movenpick Hotel and the Rocky Mountain Hotel, which features stunning views of the valley.
- The best time to visit Petra will be during the spring and autumn, where temperatures are not high and visitors are less. the ticket office is open from 6 am to 6 pm in the summer and from 6 am to 4 pm in winter, Petra closes at sunset , if you are wonder why it’s not preferable to visit in the summer, although it’s the holiday season, you should know that the temperatures during the summer season in Petra are high and unbearable.
- The best times to go to the site are usually in the early morning and late afternoon, and Petra is also open at night on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays for night tours at 17 dinars, from 8:30 pm to 10:30 pm The city of Petra stretches over a huge area of 60 square kilometers, which means you will have long walks, but if you cannot bear it, you can use beauty, donkeys and horses to do so.
- There is a group of kiosks outside the entrance of Petra so you can buy drinks and snacks from the road, and know that the prices on the site tend to be slightly higher, so it is better to have your water bottles , also there’s a mix of places to Eat and drink inside Petra, starting from Bedouin kiosks to tea, and the simple kiosks and cafes, and even a full restaurant you can get your food in this stunning place.